The role of an Account Manager
The Account Manager sits in the Digital Marketing team that is part of a wider team encompassing Offline and Digital Content. The team operates as a centre of expertise, providing strategic consultancy, multiple campaign types for our clients and educating both internal and external stakeholders on all things Digital.
The Account Manager is an established and proven expert in Display and preferably Mobile advertising across both managed IO and self-serve programmatic campaigns. This role requires an understanding of how Display and Mobile interact with and complement all digital marketing channels, working with other digital disciplines to help define our clients’ digital marketing strategy.
If you are a display specialist with a proven track record of planning and building effective programmatic marketing campaigns, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and a copy of your CV.
Closing date: 10th June 2020
We have an exciting challenge within our fast growing team here at The Media People.
We are looking for an Account Manager, who is established and a proven expert in Display advertising across both managed IO and self-serve programmatic campaigns, ideally in a lead generation capacity.
This is a new role that will be shaped around the successful candidate, giving responsibility across the agency’s display client portfolio across the UK and Europe. This role requires an understanding of how Display and Mobile interact with and complement all digital marketing channels, working with other digital disciplines to help define our clients’ digital marketing approach.
Head of Digital
- Ability to manage the display activity for the agency’s client base that is not only focused to the UK, but also has a large pan European footprint.
- Work closely with media partners to ensure that the team are constantly at the forefront of industry developments and ensuring that our campaigns are innovative and effective.
- Manage media buys through DSPs and optimise delivery to our client’s campaign objectives.
- Work with Campaign Manager & DV36O and other platforms
- Ensure campaign performance, not only through optimisation, but also through the extensive use of dynamic creative
- Maintain a high standard of quality for reporting and campaign delivery, with experience of working with ad servers
- Manage budgets in line with strategy and ensure that monthly spend is on target
- For any mobile-specific campaigns, exposure to app promotion and CPI paid social would be beneficial
- Direct line management of junior members of the Department to ensure that work is delivered to an exceptional standard, on target and on time
Delivery & Line Management
- Training and development of junior team members to ensure that they are performing at the standard expected by The Media People and our clients
- Quality control of work conducted by junior members of the team
- To ensure senior members of the team are informed in detail of all campaign metrics/performance
- To work with the Head of Digital and Account Managers across a range of tasks to increase the scale, capabilities and quality of The Media People offering, including
- Training plans for Mobile/Display
- Media and tech supplier relationships
- Ongoing reviews of media and technology partners
- Assist with internal training sessions for Client Services and other the account teams
What we want to see from candidates
- At least 2 years of hands on display management, programmatic buying or mobile (CPI) buying experience
- Ideally someone who has been a trader and is looking to move into an agency role
- Have an innovative approach to programmatic conversion acquisition showing experience in lead generation in challenging environments
- Someone who would like to leverage their applied experience of programmatic media buying in order to progress into account management, Planning and Technical Consulting.
- We are looking for someone who has worked predominantly across SMEs with budgets per client of approx. £10k per month, but working across multiple clients
- Good knowledge of ground up technology, so that skill sets are not siloed in specific areas of expertise. For example, do you have strong knowledge of SSPs, DMPS and SSPs.
- Experience of working directly with DV360 specifically and tracking integration with GA360 and SA360
- Experience of working with 3rd party SDKs such as Apps Flyer
- Experience of reviewing and managing 3rd party media buyer relationships and workflows
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal English
- Outstanding numeracy and analytical capabilities
- An inquisitive and self-learning mentality
- An ability to work well under pressure, autonomously, with an ability to handle competing priorities
- This is not a sales role, but a technical role, where the candidates must understand the display landscape and understand the market and products in detail.